CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 5 December 2008

Tis the Season

For sickness in our household, yes it's been a record breaking 6 weeks for us (and my sister's household too). Sophie is still getting over a cough, nose, throat thing and I have spent the last 6 days getting worse and worse and worse with a cold, a really nasty sore throat, and now I have pink eye or conjunctivitis as we call it here in the UK. Samantha has red eyes and is periodically is asking for her sick bowl......will it ever end? It's spoiling all my fun. I had planned 3 evenings out this week for carol singing, visiting teaching, and going to a hen night and I've had miss them all aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrhhhhhhhh!

Thanksgiving was lovely and I'm glad to say Samantha is still a meat eater. I was a bit concerned after I invited her to come watch me clean and stuff the turkey. She was in tears and mad at me for killing the animal, I blamed it on the farmer and she let me know in no uncertain terms there was no way she was eating the turkey.......I think I got up from the table about 3 times to get more turkey for her, she devoured it lol.

We have had fun getting the tree up, we started on Saturday letting the girls put the bobbles on. We were then too lazy to actually rearrange them correctly until Monday. Finally thursday I got the beads on, so it's officially done!

We had some friends over for dinner on Monday night, sadly I couldn't taste the food, but I know it was as excellent as it always is. Feds is an amazing cook, she so kindly wanted to feed me one last meal before Bambino arrives. They brought their cute 5 month old Talia with them and the girls were in their element trying to entertain her and just playing beside her, it was very cute. It made me excited to watch their reaction when they meet our "boy baby."

I know I need to do better with the blogging, I've really let it slip with all the sickness I feel so unmotivated, plus I feel like there has been nothing to blog about as we've been so house bound. I feel like I'm just in survival mode trying to just get through each day. I even started this blog a few days ago and am still working on it today.

Deldon is out at the Stake Youth Christmas Social, they are doing an Abba-thon, how fun? I stood and cooked sloppy joe mixture for 80 people last night, hope it tastes okay. I had to trust Deldon's tast buds on that one. I had him bring me home a burger and chips in the hope of tasting something tonight, but alas I still can't taste a thing....maybe tomorrow will be better? Can't believe my due date in creeping up. I saw my midwives yesterday, they offered me a "sweep" to encourage labour. I declined as I have a wedding I really want to attend on the 12th, but after that anything I can do to get this baby out I will do. Any suggestions other than the usual advice such as foot rubs, walking and sex? (Can't believe I just used the "S" word on my blog lol). Below I decided to try the smile box thing, so it's our week in pictures.

2 comments:

ecometrochic said...

Mexican food works for me. But I don't know if you can find the good stuff over there. Thanks for your support of my career report. I appreciate it!

ecometrochic said...

Alright, another comment on the sickies: sounds like it is time to 'cuddle doon.' I know that is Scottish poetry, but that is what always comes to mind when it is time to wrap in blankets.