CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 7 December 2008

Super Saturday

Well it didn't take much to make yesterday a "Super Saturday" for us, given our house bound status. We got out of the house and had ourselves some fun. We met Daddy after his Saturday football for lunch at an American Diner in Oddessey, Belfast. Samantha was so desperate to get my attention when we arrived, because after the most important thing - Santa Claus decorations she noticed "Daddy's flag" was everywhere too!! We then took a trip in to Lisburn to see Santa . This was no "Mall" Santa that's for sure. Actually it was a Santa's workshop for the McMillan Cancer society here in Northern Ireland. The girls enjoyed meeting him, getting a chocolate lolly and having their photo taken, and it was nice to donate to a worthy charity. I must scan the photo, Deldon and I were chuckling when we left, as it was a Polaroid shot and looks like it was taken about 25 years ago. Whilst in town the funniest thing happened. We were crossing at lights and by the time we got to the other side of the road Sophie's nappy (diaper) and jeans were round here ankles. I couldn't stop laughing, everyone around was was trying not to laugh too. I have never had that happen with either of them before. I'm cracking up now just thinking about it. I so would have taken a photo, only it was freezing outside and didn't want to look like a bad mother taking advantage of my daughter's misfortune hee hee. A few yards down the road and it was happening again, so she had to sit in the pram until we got to some changing facilities. Anyways, it was so nice to get out and about as a family again. Fingers crossed tomorrow night Deldon and I are getting out for dinner on our own as we had to cancel that last Saturday due to sickness. Today we are spending on our own, my sister decided to stay home from Church and not to do dinner together to see if we can kill this cycle of illness between our 2 families, I hope it works!

Waiting patiently for Daddy to come meet us to eat after football with the boys

Eating ice-cream, it must still have been on her mind as that is what she told Santa she wanted for Christmas?????????????

Sophie was so excited to see a cardboard cut of of one of her favourite TV shows - Lola


Toby Curran was in town with his dad and stopped to say hi whilst we were waiting to see Santa Claus

Samantha, our poser

That's how a Poloraid shows up when you try to scan it!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tell me - is that American football or soccer?

It sounds like y'all had a wonderful, well-deserved day out. I'm glad for you and your family, and I hope your date night was successful as well

irishkaren said...

That would be soccer, although once a year they hold a "mud bowl" which is American football on New Years Day. That was started by an American that was living in our Stake up until last year, but they are trying to hold on to the tradition anyways.

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

Looks like fun. That polaroid DOES look 25 years old! It was awesome! Hope you are feeling comfortable and that you are able to sleep during these last few days of pregnancy. I'm crossing my fingers for you! Love you lots!

Mandy said...

What a fun day out! Dusty and I are still laughing about Sophie crossing the street! I hope your little one comes soon, so you can get some rest!

Jennifer said...

Seriously, is that dude here? I wouldn't ask if I lived there, but long-distance makes it hard to wait!