CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 26 December 2008

Sickness still main headline to dominate in this Johnson household

I wonder if I'll ever have anything positive to write on this blog again? I got home Tuesday, thought I was on the mend but by Wednesday it was quickly down hill again. Either I've had a relapse or have caught another virus. Baby had to go on to a bottle after 48 hours and has been in Deldon's care ever since. I feel soooooo bad. Christmas completely passed us by. I managed to slide myself down the stairs to watch the girls open their presents and then spent the rest of the day upstairs, whilst they all went to my sisters. One blessing is that Bryce has been a very good baby so far and hasn't caused too much trouble. Sophie on the other hand is a complete nightmare, crying constantly, and driving us all crazy. Don't think she's too keen on a mum that just sits here like a space cadet and a baby getting all of Daddies attention. Samantha has had high temperatures since yesterday, and is now vomiting. I'm starting to consider hiring a company to disinfect and fumigate our home, I mean really, what is going on, this is crazy???? Thank goodness for a domesticated husband like Deldon, he has been trying so hard to keep on top of everything and has taken really good care of all of us, especially Bryce. He has been my life line. Last night he slept downstairs with Bryce so I could get a full nights sleep with no interruptions (one advantage of the bottle situation), it was heaven! He's now upstairs trying to catch up on some much needed sleep himself. I think I'm finally starting to recover today so I can start making some much needed contributions to this household again. Here's some recent shots of our baby, I think he's adorable, so cute, we love him to death already. I must thank Bryce for a relatively easy birth, although I had to struggle through contractions for 48 hours before he decided to come, when he did, it was great. I had no epidural (Mon-Fri 9-5 is the only time you can get one without it being an emergency lol) so arriving in the early hours of Monday morning kissed that luxury goodbye. But I was only in the delivery room not even 2 hours, high as a kite, and out he came. Yeah for gas and air!!! I thought I'd give Deldon some to let him see what it was like, it took a lot more sucking for him to get the effect, but when it kicked in he wasn't too keen on it haha. Apparently it's akin to being drunk, I hate the sensation at first, but then you just have to embrace it and go to lala land as it's sure better than facing reality at that stage. I had to do the same with Sophie. Although she conveniently came during the "working day" it took them 40 minutes to get the anesthetist up to me, and as she walked in the room and I began singing her praises for coming to my aid, Sophie decided that was the time to make her grand appearance and not a moment later. So no sooner had she arrived in my room, she left! I am now determined to be in the Land of the 24 hour Epidurals next time (if I ever muster up the courage to go again) to have a pain free birth, I'm done with my share of labour pains. Well enough of pain and sickness. here's some recent photos of Bryce. I can't wait to really start enjoying him in the next few days as my health returns.

Fast Asleep in his new rocker chair that his Granny got him, we think he looks like his Uncle Daron in this photo

Don't know why, but this photo is being flipped around sideways by blogger...strange?

One of the rare moments that Bryce has given a good cry, poor Dad looks wrecked. I think this picture sums up the state of our household right now. Deldon has managed to drop a good 15-20 pounds in the last 10 dayswith having the flu himself and all this stress to deal with.

7 comments:

K said...

I wish that I were there so that I could help you... at least do some disenfecting or play with the girls for a while. :) How nice for you though to have such a wonderful, helpful and kind husband. I hope that you all feel better soon. Besides, after this, you should be immune to every germ there is, right :)

Irish said...

You are just going through the ringer at the moment ... But there is alot of sickness around at the moment ..We went to a friends house for Christmas and the poor hubby was ended up throwing up for a good half an hour all his christmas dinner ... :( ... I hope that you are starting to feel abit better :) .... Deldon looks like your knight in Shining Armour looking after you all ... Hope that you get a Sick Free Year next Year or at least one month of being Sick Free .... Lots of love to you xoxoo

Irish said...

On a personal note ... Don't you just love Gas and Air .. Apparently if you don't drink you get high as a kite ... lol ... That is what happened to me ... They had to pry the gas out of my hand ... After much resistance from me ... lol

Jennifer said...

Your son is just so beautiful! He looks like a thoughtful little man. I cannot believe the household illness extravaganza! I'll do all that can be done long-distance: pray.

Mandy said...

Bryce is adorable! I cannot believe you couldn't get an epidural!!!!....And we just voted a President into office that wants to nationalize healthcare! Scary!! Anyway, I seriously hope you all are on the mend soon! We always knew Deldon was a great catch, but now we have undeniable proof!

irishkaren said...

I just chose to go to a hospital 5 mins down the road which is really small so they have no out of hours surgery, which is why they only have an on call aneathetist. If I drive 10 mins to the hosptial where I was born you can get epidurals 24/7 no probs. I just went to my local little hospital when I had Samantha and had no idea whether I'd need / want an epidural, then after that hated the thought of changing consultant and midwives, so was always willing to risk no epidural, and yes have managed to miss out both times now. Not really a national health care issue, more my choice of birthing center. Having said that the UK is way more in to natural birth and as little intervention as possible. I'm sure they figure by promoting that it saves them money too???? All my friends here do it natural, they wouldn't even consider an epidural, I'm the only freak that would want one haha. I think in our ward I'm the only one that's ever had one and that was with Samantha. I am just a wimp when it comes to pain, but I must say I have more faith in my ability to endure pain having given birth with just the laughing gas.

Loza said...

Haven't given birth yet, but my philosophy would be take whatever takes the pain away (within reason) you're definitely not a wimp for wanting as little pain as possible. I'm not good with it either and wouldn't want to be!

He looks so cute and at least you have a good husband there who is getting you through this tough time. Very soon you'll all be up on your feet again but thinking about you till then x