CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 21 December 2008

My hospital visit with no baby to show for it!!!

So life has been a bit rough to put it mildy. Early hours of Friday morning I came down with the lovely flu that Deldon had. After a miserable day in bed, my worst nightmare occured - contractions started. Not what one wants when you can't move your head off the pillow. Oh and then to add to the joy Sophie vomited in her sleep (she is now down with this). Six hours later, about 2 am we headed into the hospital as they were 5 mins apart, and I felt so ill I just was not coping. Get to the hospital, and of course they ease off, and then appear to stop. My keotones were off the chart and baby was very non responsive so they admited me to get me rehydrated. Baby perked up after a bag of fluid which was good, and I have spent the last 2 days in hospital getted rehydrated enough to be able to come home and continue recovering. I have been having miserable contractions for 48 hours now, but because they have no pattern, I'm not considered to be in labour. My consultant wouldn't even examine me to see what they've been doing as they don't want to do anything to encourage labour whilst I'm feeling so ill. Anyways because I am eating and drinking again they let me home to try and get well again. As we were walking out of the maternity unit today and turned to Deldon and said "I can't believe I'm leaving here without a baby." Listening to the cries of the little babies was just devastating me, although I do know I'm in no fit state to give birth and take care of this little boy just yet. So looks like I could well be spending Christmas day in hospital.

My little nurse came to visit me, she is well confused about our boy baby not being here yet. I'd talked her through Granny coming to look after her and mummy going to the hospital. Well Granny came to stay and mummy went to the hospital, but no boy baby to show for it. She told me today when I came home that the doctor couldn't pull the baby out, it was too hard for him.

9 comments:

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

My little heart aches for you! I would give anything to be able to come take care of your family so you could rest. How miserable!! Talk about having a story for when that little guy comes! Hang in there. For sure it will be over by next week...

Loza said...

Karen, that is awful, hang in there, hopefully the worst of the flu is over to give you strength for having the baby. Take care and a little Christmas baby boy will make it all worth it I'm sure xx

Jennifer said...

That sounds like such a nightmare. I can't believe you sound so calm and collected. Even my blog would have to be censored after something like that. Amanda is right - it can't last another week, the end is in sight, and that baby will make everything else melt away!

irishkaren said...

Trust me Grover, I am so not calm and collected. I have actually been quite hysterical today. If you heard the language that just came out of my mouth 5 mins ago when I had a contraction, you'd know I'm not feeling anyway calm. I am truly miserable and in agony, I've just informed Deldon I am done with having children after this, I could never do this again. Don't know how I'm going to get through the night????

Alida said...

My prayers are with you Karen. I went through exactly that with my third,but not at Christmas time. There is something to day for being completely healthy when the little one arrives. Hang in there even when it seems impossible!

K said...

Oh Karen,
I am SO sorry that your family is sick and especially that you are sick... as if being 9 months pregnant isn't enough. If it makes you feel any better know that I feel SOOOOOO sorry for you!! I will be thinking about you and looking forward to a post that says that you are all healthy, happy and that your little boy is finally here :)

Irish said...

My heart breaks for you !!! The end is in sight !!! ... Our thoughts and prayers are with you !!! And you will have a gorgeous wee bundle at the end !!! Just hang in there !!! xoxxo

eldredgered said...

so so so so soooooooo sorry and good luck!

ecometrochic said...

poor thing! it will a turn out in the end.