CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 14 December 2008

Sophie is wrecked

Shock, horror, we have a house of sickly people again. It's been a day of coughing and puking for Deldon and the girls. I need Deldon back to full health asap or I have visions of my poor mother in the labour ward with me. Little Sophie gave up by 5 pm and fell asleep on the couch. She has a funny way of soothing herself. She rubs her lips on her toes, and if she can't get to her toes she'll use her arm instead. I really need to get these kids to bed, I have a feeling it's going to be a LONG LONG night!

Here she is fast asleep with her helium Christmas balloon still attached to her.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh! I hope Deldon is better in time to "help" you through delivery...okay maybe just be there to support you! I hope he doesn't have to miss the birth of his son! However, I am praying you have your baby soon because those last few weeks are sooo uncomfortable!

Jennifer said...

Never have I heard of such an adorable self-soothing skill! I remember when pregnant with Claire, we (Charlotte and I) got the stomach bug 4 times. I was hospitalized to avoid dehydration. I remember walking around the house with Lysol just dousing everything in sight. I was so discouraged and grossed out from the puke. I'll pray for your little family!

Bombshell Char said...

Karen, you are So almost done! Yeah! And I am so jealous. Ten weeks left for me and labor pains are starting to sound like a mythical mercy.

Irish said...

Poor you !!! I hope your wee family get better soon :) ... Stewart has the unfortunate thing of throwing up when he gets nervous or anxious so I was imagining me in labour while Stewart is in the toilet .... Luckily that didn't happen ... lol

We are thinking of you down under xoxoxo