CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 18 December 2008

Across the miles


Like my bright pink slippers? You should see the polka dot dressing gown (house coat) that they match with. My sister's gift for me going in to hospital, you won't miss me coming down the corridor!!

I was just lying on the couch resting and the door knocked, Deldon answered and signed for a package from my wonderful BYU roommate Mandy. You just made my day. Thank you for much for the cutest little boy outfit ever! I think of you often Mandy too. We have shared some great memories, and I am ever thankful for all you taught me by your example over the 4 years we were roomies. I still consider you one of my dearest friends even though we are miles apart.




Well to update our situation, Deldon caught the "real" flu, don't think I've ever seen him this sick, it was panicking me. So grateful for Priesthood blessings and the reminder of the blessing of being able to take my cares to Heavenly Father in prayer. I was so bogged down with selfish thoughs it was the last think on my mind sadly. That was until my daddy reminded me of that gift in the blessing he gave me. I was having a major meltdown internally on my due date, so torn with wanting this baby out and the fear of facing labour without Deldon. But he is actually out of bed today, and things are on the up for him. I have had the flu shot, so although I am expressing symptoms of it, it is very mild (so far), fingers crossed it stays that way. The girls are coughing and have runny noses but are happy and up and about. My poor sister is at home with kids with fevers, sore throats, and vomiting, so we have been consoling each other via the phone. I go again to see the midwives tomorrow for another membrane sweep, but I decided to make an appointment to see a reflexologist tomorrow afternoon in a last ditch attempt to induce labour naturally. It's never guaranteed, but one can but try. She'll do her reflexology and give me some aromatherapy oils to try to help me along too. If it wasn't for wanting to be home Christmas morning with my girls and Deldon to watch their wee faces I wouldn't care when this baby comes (okay well maybe I want to eat Christmas dinner too and not hospital food). Fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

So for several posts now you've said you are as big as a house- but I totally don't think so AT ALL! You look wonderful and beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Fingers crossed for you in Texas as well!

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

Fingers crossed in Arizona, too! I wouldn't wish having to wait another week on anyone, but if it takes that long for everyone to get healthy... huh... We'll be praying for you not to get sick and for Deldon to get better as quickly as possible! But you know, having a birthday on Christmas isn't all that bad... Love you!

Mandy said...

I am glad you liked the cute little boy outfit! I am so glad that it arrived before your little boy! I hope that you are holding your little one right now and that we will soon "meet" him via internet! Then you will be recovered by Christmas morning! Love you!