CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 8 September 2008

Super Saturday

Well the big day finally came. Those of you who have served missions or had friends and family away will know what I'm talking about. You think the day will never come when you or they will return home, but thankfully it does. Although I must say the 18 months went by way quicker than I ever expected it to, but it may have helped that it was broken up by us visiting with them twice during that time. The kids were so excited - my nephew Andrew kept blocking everyone trying to leave the baggage area as he wanted to see them so badly. It took them forever to come out as their luggage didn't make their connection from London, but when they did make it out their was great excitement. Even little Sophie gave a shout for joy! I am so proud of them, and the ever constant example they set to us as children. I couldn't ask for more faithful parents in the gospel if I tried. How blessed am I?

Well back to the real world- Dad is going out car shopping tomorrow morning and mum is on her first babysitting duty when I take Samantha to her first day of Nursery school. I always feel like a really bad mum when I read other peoples blogs about how they miss their kids when they go to school, but I can't wait to get Samantha back to getting out to play with other kids. I think it's the best thing ever, especially after we've been indoors most of the summer with the rubbish weather. I really loved the 3 days she went to playschool last year. Samantha gets to make friends, make fun crafts (and I don't get the mess to clean up), and Sophie gets some one on one time with mummy....Happy Days! Bring on October when she gets to go every day and for free!!!!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

NEVER feel like a bad mom for being happy your kids are out there on their own! The alternative is guilt for sending them out there, and that is never fun (or justified).

Kendra Leigh said...

I second Jennifer--- I don't feel sad about sending Lexi to school, either. I think it's wonderful that she gets to go out and start her own life and that she's confident enough and has the skills to do it. And that she WANTS to do it.

Lyndsey said...

How great that your parents are home. I'm sure they adore having all those cute grandkids to spoil :)

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

I completely understand about being happy that your kids are out there. Even with Katherine at 10 mos, I totally notice a difference in her development when she's had a chance to interact with other kids. She's more eager to get around, more interested in everyday things, even a little tougher and will not cry as much when she falls down... It's good your kids have those opportunities to get out. Congratulations on your parents coming back from their mission. That's incredible!! Love you!

Irish said...

Great to see the photo's of your folks ... Give them a big hug from me :)

Mandy said...

I can't believe your parents are already back! I am so happy for you! I second Jenn's remarks! Sometimes I go to the gym, just so someone else can keep up with Kimball for a few minutes! It doesn't mean we are bad Moms, in fact I think it shows what great Moms we are because we get so exhausted playing and cleaning up after the little kiddos!