CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 31 August 2008

Our weekend

We had a busy, but fun weekend. It started with attending the baptism of April Irvine, where Rachael and I had been asked to sing. I thought I was having a heart attack with palpitations before I got up. I think it was too big of a dinner and belly on top of nerves. I was just glad something came out of my mouth when I opened it. We quickly left to head over to a Stake YSA / Laurel Camp (girls 16+ that are single). They had asked some of the girls to suggest a married couple to come speak and we were the lucky ones. When we pulled up the girls announced that the eye candy had arrived - Deldon. They all think he looks like Ben Afleck. When I was in Stake YW and Stake RS they always asked me how my "hot" husband was doing, they crack me up! Anyways it was really fun to visit and catch up with the girls. I got all the fun bizz from the convention they had attended in Manchester the weekend before and then we all gathered around the campfire.
We were asked to talk on self-worth. It was a great topic to personally study up on, because it was a reminder to me just how important our individual worth is, and how important it is to stay positive. I find myself too doubting my self-worth way too often these days. Deldon shared a quote when he spoke from a talk Pres Monson gave of when an Elder's Quorum President in a congregation was asked what he thought the worth of a soul was. His response was "The worth of a soul is its capacity to become as God." I feel that says it all, no wonder the Devil works so hard to destroy our self -worth and offer us a counterfeit worldy confidence that will never lead to eternal happiness.
Saturday was a new day and brought with it a new experience for Samantha. She had her first haircut. I know she's 3 years old and never been to a hairdresser! Her hair has taken that long to grow, I couldn't bear to have it cut before now. I wished I'd taken a photo as it was so cute. They braided it at the front and sprayed sparkles on it for her.
As for our dear Sophie, she looks like we've punched her in the face because she fell on her pram last night. She has a nice bruise and a puffy eye, but the camera doesn't do it justice, so no photos to post.
A photo I do have below, is of some friends I went out to dinner with last night. It was a catch up night with Lorna, a friend from my teenage years. It's always fun to go out and eat in good company, we had a great laugh. Then today was a really good day at church with lots of "food for thought". We've had my sister's family over for dinner, and now it's time to say night night to our cute girls until Monday morning.



1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I surely needed that reminder of self-worth. Thanks to you and your hot hubby ;)