CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 2 August 2008

Niagara Falls


After spending 3 days in Palmyra we headed out for Ohio, but made a stop an hour away at the falls and they did not disappoint! We took The Maid of the Mist boat out to see the falls from the river, it was a wild experience for the girls. The spray was beating down on us so hard you could hardly see anything at certain points, we were all well drenched. The some of the family did the cave of winds tour where you walk right up beside the falls but our girls would not have handled that drenching very well, so we had to give it a miss sadly. I'd love to visit it again and get the view from the Canadian side next time. I was not going to chance leaving the USA and go through immigration again this time. We left the falls that evening with a 4 hour drive on to Kirtland.


Had to add this in, only in America would a hotel maid do this, I thought it was really nice, so had to take a photo.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I toured the sites around Nauvoo with my mother, grandfather, and firstborn when she was only 9 months old. It is one of my favorite memories! Your vacation posts are so fun to read!

ecometrochic said...

That looks so fun, especially the housekeeping!:). We'll be going on a trip to Oregon in a week or so. I just ordered a travel potty!

Kendra Leigh said...

Niagara Falls is one of my favorite places to visit. Okay, so I've only been once, but it was so memorable, I can't wait to take my kids there!