CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 6 August 2008

It's a BOY

Deldon and I could hardly contain our excitment when we discovered I was carrying a boy today, it's been a long wait, over 21 weeks but the day finally came. The baby appears healthy and was so cute, yawning, chewing, and waving it's hands at us. Samantha and Sophie each got their own special picture to take with them of their baby brother. Glad I didn't have to see Samantha's reaction had it been a girl, she has been so sure all along she was getting a baby boy. She was shouting the news around the waiting room as we left. I went shopping tonight to pick out a new baby boy outfit and what did I do? Walked straight over to the pink newborn section and started looking through it!!! Caught myself a few seconds later and found my way to the blue section, it was a very strange experience, I still feel so drawn to pink. So grateful today to my Heavenly Father for entrusting a son to our family.

11 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Congratulations.So exciting that you are having a boy!

Lyndsey said...

Congrats again! I still have a hard time going to look at pink clothes, I always have to go and have a wee nosey at the blue ones, just so used to it!

ecometrochic said...

Hurray! My visiting teacher in our last ward said that little boys have special relationships with their mothers and after nearly 23 months with our 'Tug,' I would have to agree. Congratulations!

J said...

Congrats on your boy! I know what you mean about being drawn to pink, but it's so fun to switch over to blue and green too for a change.

Jennifer said...

Hurray! I have 2 girls and a boy, as well. It has been so fun these 19 months seeing the differences in little boys (aside from the obvious ;) of course!) Congratulations!

Alida said...

Congratulations!!! Boys are so much fun without all the emotions and drama of girls. Enjoy!

Alida said...

Congratulations!!! Boys are so much fun without all the emotions and drama of girls. Enjoy!

Alida said...

Sorry that posted twice!:)

Mandy said...

We are so happy that you are having a boy! And congrats on your new calling...you are carrying a future missionary around with you to all those discussions!

Mandy said...

Kimball is having twin boys too! (Not my Kimball, our old roommate!)

irishkaren said...

yeah didn't want to seem too wierd so didn't mention it on my blog, but whilst driving home from the scan we were both so excited to have a future missionary to prepare, less pressure on the girls to go now lol. I'm already worried that he won't serve and he's only a fetus! I need to take a chill pill.