CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 5 August 2008

New Calling

I've been callingless for 3 months now, so was really excited when the Bishop wanted to see me. I was sustained Sunday as a ward missionary and my companion is a girl named Feds who just had the cutest little baby girl 3 weeks ago, named Talia. We are really happy to be working together, although it will be tough with her being a nursing mum and me with one on the way, but I'm sure we'll make it work. The week after the Bishop decided to call us as ward missionaries we got sister missionaries in the ward, so we'll be able to go on exchanges with them. I attended my first missionary correlation meeting tonight and felt sweet memories of my own full time mission come flooding back. About 6 weeks ago Deldon finally got around to giving me a blessing with regards to my pregnancy, we had been meaning to do it a lot earlier, but it kept getting put off. It was a typical blessing related to my situation until out of nowhere he felt impressed to tell me to begin to read Preach My Gospel again as I would have an experience in the future where I would need to know what to say, and in studying it I would be prepared. At the end of the blessing we both looked at each other thinking how strange was that, given that the purpose of the blessing was totally different. Guess the Lord was trying to give me a head start with being prepared to be effective in my calling.

0 comments: