CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 11 April 2009

Our feasting weekend

This is what arrives when Feds cooks for 4 (I LOVE IT)!!! I have to stuff my face really really fast, so I can eat a few plate loads before my body's "I'm full" feeling kicks in. (The photo doesn't even include the multiple desserts on offer too). We are going to miss our feasting with Feds and Alistair.

It's been a good weekend - Friday was an Abbathon for our ward activity. We sang Waterloo with my extended family. OUr ward sang a cute goodbye song to us at the end to the tune of "Thank you for the Music." I was really proud of myself keeping my emotions very much in check and totally under control, even though inside I wanted to fall apart. I need to see if anyone took any pics. I had someone take a video, but it didn't actually record - bummer! Here's a photo of the "Lowry Clan" in our ward for any of you reading this blog that knows them. I thought they looked fab in all their gear. (Excuse the uncropped photo with the back of my daughter's nogging in it.)

This morning Deldon and I got up at 6:30 a.m. and headed off to our 3rd car boot sale (OK my 1st, his 3rd). By lunchtime we'd pretty much sold all we could. It's a strange, but kinda cool feeling to think that this time next week, we'll own nothing but the clothes on our back, photos, a few ornaments, and toys. Samantha was in tears again yesterday as we started taking the toy box and her wooden toy organiser out of her room to sell. I was explaining to her that they are only "things" and what is most important is that we stay together as a family, we can always replace "things," but never our wee family. She agreed, and the tears gave way to smiles.
I want to wish everyone a Happy Easter. It's been great to be able to explain to Samantha a little bit more this year about the meaning of Easter beyond her chocolate eggs. Her little mind continues to expand and absorb so much everyday, I love it. Grateful to have the blessing of accessing the Atonement in my own life as I struggle to make good choices, and live as I know I should. Tomorrow will be another feasting day as a turkey dinner is on the menu, but more importantly I hope it will be a spiritual feast as we worship at Church and attend a Stake Easter Musical Evening. My Sister and I have been asked to sing. I've been thinking that it will most likely the last time we'll ever sing together in any formal setting again :). But once again - Happy Easter

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I'm glad you are doing so well with the change...I got teary eyed when you talked about how you were explaining that "things" are just "things." What a great lesson to teach your kids! But, I started crying when you said it might be the last time you and Rachel will sing together in public...my heart aches for you sweetie! But, I know that you never do anything without confirmation from Heavenly Father and he has a plan for you! I love you!

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

The Abbathon sounded like it was tons of fun... reminds me of those college days... ten years ago... ugh... What a heart-wrenching process! We will be grateful when we have you.