CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 8 April 2009

Comfort food

I (We) have a terrible bad habit of eating "2 dinners". If I don't enjoy what I cook for dinner on any given night, I feel like I have the right to get a "takeout" after the kids go to bed. It's so weird, it's like I've been cheated if I don't enjoy my dinner. Tonight was one of those nights, and with the stress of moving I just feel like I have the additional right to eat as much Chinese (my favourite takeout here) and as much chocolate as I can stomach. There is nothing like a 1/2 and 1/2 fried rice and chips smothered in curry sauce followed by Cadbury's chocolate to soothe my soul. (Okay folks, I know of way better things I could do - especially on a spiritual level to TRUELY soothe my soul) but right now all I have the energy to do is eat, eat, and eat some more. Deldon doesn't cry about joining in on the action haha. His latest craving is Singapore noodles - they would burn the mouth off ya, but I have to say they are delicious to the taste, just not "comforting" like my curry.

Manna to my soul

My empty chocolate wrappings (Deldon had a snickers bar and a new peanut butter kitkat) I know, it's awful, one chocolate bar isn't enough now we have to have 2 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what my comfort foods will be when we live in America? I know before almost every test I took at the BYU testing center I would order Nacho's Bel Grande (can't remember the exact name) from Taco bell at the Cougareat, maybe I'll be resorting to those again, time will tell.

4 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Cafe Rio should definitely be on the list of your comfort foods when you move back to the states. I love that place.

ecometrochic said...

Bombay House: excellent Indian food (Curry cravings, I understand). Gurus is also good; the sweet potato fries are excellent with the spicy fry sauce. Then again, there is my favorite Thai restaurant in American Fork... The chocolate you will have to bring over with you.

Jennifer said...

PLEASE bring chocolate! In fact, ship it right to my door, I'll pay whatever it takes to get it here!

My comfort food is, well, chocolate and coke. Easily obtained in any country. It is what I reach for when dinner wasn't all it was cracked up to be. I admire you for eating real food.

Seriously, about that chocolate...

Mandy said...

Don't forget Red Robin and Wingers!!!