CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 31 October 2008

Getting in touch with my American side

I really don't like Pumpkin pie BUT it is one of Deldon's favourite desserts. I make it at Thanksgiving and July 4th, now I'm adding Halloween to the list. Only this time I'm going one better, I found edible pumpkins and cooked a pumpkin pie from scratch (minus bought pastry dough). The big pie in Ireland and the UK at Halloween is Apple, and you bake them with money in them. Pumpkin pies don't exist here at any time of the year. I am so impressed with myself, I just hope it tastes okay. Guess we'll find out when Deldon gets home. Woke up to a beautiful, dry day so Mum and Dad called to see if I wanted to take the kids to the park, so we did, here's some photos from that too.
.
Notice the chocolate appearing in all the pie making photos, I just can't overcome the urge to eat it. I get panicky if I don't have any in the house.

8 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Yay for pumpkin pie. I am not as domesticated as you - I buy a huge one from costco for $5.99
Way to go!!

Bombshell Char said...

I didn't realize how unusual it was for Harry Potter to be always drinking pumpkin juice until I lived in the UK and realized--these people have never had pumpkin anything in their lives! Long live a great, truly American treat!

Leah Marie said...

I'm super impressed. I've never even known anyone who made the pie from an actually pumpkin. I thought it always came from a can. ;-)

Irish said...

Way to go !!! I love pumpkin ... In anything ... I made a new pasta dish the other day with pumpkin and even my kids loved it ... Hurray !!!! It is great sliced and toasted on the BBQ .... Yummy ...

irishkaren said...

I am pleased to announce it tasted good!!

Jennifer said...

It's my husband's favorite, too. Naturally, it, also, would be better with money in it ;)

Mandy said...

Pumpkin Pie is my favorite too! Your pie looks great and I'm glad it tasted good too! It is good to know that you are still obsessed with chocolate! All is well in the world! :)

Merrill's said...

I am so impressed with your baking abilities. You are a great wife to do that. I don't care for pumpkin pie, but my husband does. So you know what that means - we buy the frozen kind. :)