CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 27 October 2008

Behold Your Little Ones

I was excited to hear this new Manuel has been published. For those not of my faith, that don't already know about this tradition, we reserve Monday nights as a time to devote to spending time with our families. It's called Family Home Evening or FHE in our Church. There are never any scheduled church meetings held that night. I have to admit Deldon and I have struggled to fully institute this tradition in our home with the girls being so young. If anything structured does happen it consists of a really really quick chat on "being good" or "sharing" , then their favourite song "Do as I'm doing" and of course is never complete without a treat. I bought this Manuel whilst visiting the Preston Temple and can't wait for our first lesson out of it tonight (after a yummy visit to Pizza Hut). Why did I not think of using the old nursery age manual earlier? Well I love this new one! The gospel lessons are precious and so simple, with great modern illustrations, pictures, and templates for fun activities. Our Relief Society lesson yesterday was taken from General Conference in April 2008 on a talk about righteous traditions. I was blessed to experience many of these in my home, including family prayer, scripture study, temple attendance, FHE, seminary, missionary, and church service, the list could go on and on. What amazes me is my parents started these traditions themselves being the first of their generation in the church. I can't believe they did it so well, here I am 2nd generation and am only getting the FHE tradition truly started in the past 6 months. Better late than never I guess. Lucky me to have such a good example to draw from, so I can carry these great Gospel centered traditions in my own home.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE the new nursery manual. I helped present a Primary Leadership training meeting about it, and I was amazed at the true inspiration from the Lord that allows such simple and true lessons in a format fit for our babies.

I remember my home as one that had FHE religiously (no pun intended), but my mom says we had periods when we didn't do it at all. I hope the same will happen for our kids. It really is difficult with tiny kids.

ecometrochic said...

Treats. I'm telling you from advice from our old stake president, treats make family home evening. And I agree, I love the manual. We're giving them as welcome baby gifts to the new mothers in our ward. I think I've said that already somewhere, though. Have fun tonight!

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

That is such a great idea! I'm totally going to steal it...