CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 25 October 2008

I love to see the Temple





"As we love the temple, touch the temple and attend the temple, our lives will reflect our faith. As we come to these holy houses of God, as we remember the covenants we make within, we shall be able to bear every trial and overcome each temptation. The temple provides purpose for our lives."

President Thomas S. Monson, President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.



I had a wonderful visit to the Preston Temple, saw family and friends, and for the first time participated in ordinances for close family members. Our Stake President and Relief Society President kindly arranged a fireside with the Temple President and his wife. I couldn't even begin to share with you on this blog the things that I learnt that night, and the different light in which I now see Temples and their purposes. Also had some good laughs with friends in the accomodation center, and some really funny moments in the Temple when someone fell asleep during very an important moment, and someone else used the word "fart" instead of "heart." Try containing your laughter in situations like that, I'm sorry to say, as much as I and the other parties involved tried to keep a straight face, it just wasn't happening!!!

2 comments:

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

Karen, I love how you bear your testimony so often. It seems that missionary work comes so naturally and is actively a part of your life. I love it!

Jennifer said...

LOL! Sometimes it's impossible to keep in the giggles.