CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 20 October 2008

I can see light at the end of the tunnel now

I have been so unmotivated to blog the past 2 weeks, mainly because our camera has gone on the blink, so I haven't been able to document anything I've been doing with pictures. It's still not working so I'm thinking we're going to have to break down and buy a new one. Secondly, life has been feeling a bit overwehlming physically. I have had such bad pelvic pain for way too long now. I finally called the midwives last week for help when I had to call my parents to go collect Samantha from nursery school, as I couldn't face the pain of putting Sophie in and out of the car. Based on my symptoms they refered me to a physio..... best phonecall I could have ever made. I saw the physio today for the first time and she will give me temporary patching up as much as I need it until this baby is born. I am sufferring from SPD - symphsis pubis dysfunction, what is it you might ask? The simple answer is some serious pain near the pubic bone doing just about anything. It is most likely due to too much relaxin being released in the body that causes the pelvis to soften and stretch too much. I had it towards the end of both my last pregnancies but thought that was how everyfelt at the end, so dismissed it as the baby "dropping" or something, but this has been going on since about 20 weeks, and it has gotten so bad I can hardly move anymore. I have found it so embarassing, as I am hobbling around like an old women in public. The physio realigned my "pelvic girdle" for me, which has made a big difference to my mobility today, but as she said, it's only temporary. I just have to come back to her as often as I need to, whether it be every week or every 4 weeks. Their aim as this stage is to keep the condition at a state where I can perform my daily activities. Some women do resort to crutches or even wheelchairs towards the end of pregnancy, but neither of those things will fit into my world of motherhood, so I'm just hoping the physio does the trick and will keep it manageable. It was really starting to spiral outta control!!! So it's onwards and upwards! I don't feel like I'm suffering alone anymore and have some hope that I can get through these last 8 weeks.
On a lighter note, I thought I'd bring the potty downstairs tonight to have Sophie sit on. She did for a while, took the bowl inset out, put it on her head for a hat (it did look really cute actually), then sat back down on the potty which now had an open hole to the floor and went wee wee!!! Oh well at least she got the idea, just too bad for Deldon that the pee catcher was on her head. I have to say Deldon has been such a great help doing even more than the many things he already does over the past few weeks when things went so downhill physically for me. Thanks Babes, love you much!!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. Pain sucks. I actually have the reverse problem - my pelvis doesn't go anywhere, and my giant-headed children are stuck stuck stuck!

Irish said...

Poor you ... It is not good when you want to do something but the pain is that bad ... I had that with Caleb thankfully I had him 4 weeks early .... But the downside was I was in labour for 2 weeks because he wanted to come at 6 weeks ... Boys !!!! Anyway hope that you get some relief !!! Thinking of you :)

Lyndsey said...

Ouch, that sounds so painful. Take care of yourself and I hope things improve soon!

Irish said...

Your Tagged with a Photo tag !!

Merrill's said...

I am so sorry to hear about your pain that you are suffering with. You are one tough mama. Keep up the great attitude, and before you know it - you will have a new baby. Good luck with the potty training.

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

Hope it works for 4 weeks at a time instead of having to go back every week. It's good to hear from you.