CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 30 October 2008

Happy Halloween

We had our ward party tonight. I planned the evening, then past it on to the missionaries to actually run it, whilst I stayed in the kitchen to prepare all the food. Sadly the leadership in our ward does not believe in activites, this is the first one we've had all year (yes it is nearly November, and the only other one is Christmas). We seem to have an nonfunctioning activites commitee to add to the problem, so the missionaries got assigned to run the party. I was then concerned that it was a less effective use of their time, so basically planned it myself, since I'm a ward missionary and asked them to just show up and help on the night. Deldon took some pictures of the girls, I'm thinking from the photos he took, that they spent a lot of time in the toddler area we set up to keep the little kids occupied whilst the games went on. Just glad it's all over, I would not recommend the cooking, set-up, and cleanup of a ward party when one is 34 weeks prego, my back is aching. No lets rephrase that, everywhere is aching!!! Having said that, I think my mother was more traumitised by me being left incharge than I was lol. But I must say a big thank you to all who brought food and kindly offered to help on the night, it was much appreciated. Will post photos tomorrow as blogger is having issues uploading.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Halloween. It seems our bishopric is exactly the opposite of yours. If I went to all the activities, I'd never be home at all. You are a wonderful woman!

Irish said...

Wow woman ... Hats off to you for doing that will being preg !!!! We have the same issue with nothing getting planned it is frustrating ... Cannot wait to see the pic's

ecometrochic said...

Here in Utah, we have a trunk or treat tonight. Apparently people have been reactivated primarily through this activity. Planning an activity is a huge activity. Have a restive day today!

Lyndsey said...

You're superwoman for pulling it all off!! It looked like alot of fun. Now put your feet off and rest and let Deldon pamper you!!