CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 26 June 2008

This week at the Johnsons

This week saw the end of Samantha's year at playschool. They had a party for the kids on Wednesday, it was fun with a puppet show, singing, and of course the all important party food. I have loved having Samantha at playschool three times a week for 2 1/2 hours, it's been so nice to go shopping and not have Sophie and Samantha attacking each other in the trolley. Samantha has enjoyed it too, with all the painting, toys, and crafts. She had 3 teachers looking after her, Rosie, Arlene, and Nikki. They have done such a great job. In September she will go to Nursery School everyday.





We decided to help my brother celebrate his 29th B-day. He thinks birthdays are just "fake celebrations" and is not into any fuss. So we decided we'd do something anyways and ordered his favourite pizza and made a cake. Poor guy was tortured with the noise of all 6 nieces and nephews, he so can not handle the decibels they create so we sent them outside to play after dinner and left him inside with Deldon to chill out.







We are also excited to welcome sister missionaries in to our area. They arrived at our house for dinner today - after a long day of travel starting at 7 am this morning. We fed them and then I took them food shopping . One of them is a mini-missionary here for just 2 months. They reminded me of when I went on a mini-mission to Dublin and my companion and I got whited washed in to a completely new area and had no clue where or what we were doing. I had a similar experience in Germany as my trainer and I moved into a new area, so I was glad to feed them and help them get food - that was always my first priority in the mission field when I moved in to a new area - getting food. Once I had food in the cupboards I could cope lol. I can't wait to go out on splits with them, it's going to be great!



Oh and thank you Pres Bush for the stimulus check. We have to file a US tax return every year so that's how we got it. But I didn't think we'd be entitled to anything since we're not living in the US, but happily I was wrong!



Finally we are putting our house up for Sale on Monday! It will be a miracle if it sells as the market has crashed horribly here. Can you believe this time last year our houses were on the market in the £220,000 range and now we are putting ours on at £150,00. That's a 70k drop in a year and in dollars that's $140k. It's forecast to drop further, hence the miracle if it sells. If I was a buyer I'd never buy in a market like this.

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I can't believe your brother is 29. I always think of him as still being so young. Samantha looks so cute in her pictures. What are you guys going to do... are you coming back Stateside?!!!

Jennifer said...

Good luck with your house. The market here is crappy, too. I have missed your posts!

ecometrochic said...

Just reading to cheer myself up after working on visiting teaching reports. Hmm... I don't envy your selling of the house though I don't love our condo to death. Good luck.