CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday 14 June 2008

Happy Father's Day



I wouldn't even know where to begin to express the influence my father has had on my life, and the amazing man he is, all I know is that he must do something wrong as he is still here on earth, but I never see it! He is the same person whether inside or outside the home and truly is too good to be true, one of the most loving humble men you could ever meet...Daddy I love you.





I am also very thankful for Deldon's dad as he raised a son who has so much love and respect for his mother. He has set the standard for all his children in terms of his missionary service as a young man, through his career, in his personal life with his friends, and in the past 3 years as he retired early to accept the call to serve as a Mission President. I have been touched by the spirit so many times as he has shared mission experiences, talks, and articles with us through email.




Deldon loves his girls, and boy to they love him! Sophie wakes every morning shouting "daddy" "daddy" from her cot and Samantha is attached to his hip, "daddy I need you, daddy I want you" she says about 10 times a day. They are so excited when his car pulls up outside from work, and they never seem more content than when both are sitting on daddy's lap together watching TV (don't know how he's going to fit 3 on his knee). Thank you Deldon for being such a patient, loving dad. I know the girls will grow up to be proud to say "that's my dad."



Love you all, Happy Father's Day - Karen

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I really enjoyed that tender post. You favor your father.

J said...

Yeah, quite the shocker huh? I'm due Jan 12th so we'll see if I really make it into January or not. I've been sick but not as sick as I was when pregnant with Annie. It seems strange to me b/c once I found out it was twins I thought I should feel more sick? How have you been feeling?