CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday 4 June 2008

Food glorious food

I have always had a great relationship with food, I simply LOVE it! Anyone who knows me well, knows food ranks way too high in my list of priorities. I have only ever met one girl that puts away food like I used to be able to in my younger days and not gain weight, and that was as co-worker in California. There is nothing I love more than eating out. I really miss the cheap cost of eating out in the States and all my favourite restaurants. When I was in college I got into a really bad habit of eating out pretty much every day except Sundays as it was so cheap! If I did that now not only would I be bankrupt but I'd be a ten ton tessy. My favourite chain restaurants would have to be Outback for their steaks and yummy creamy mash potatoes, Red Robin for their burgers, especially the bacon and guacamole burger. Chilli's for their Paradise pie, Wingers for their yummy wings and sauces, Olive Garden for the fettuccine alfredo and the lunch time all you can eat soup, salad and bread sticks - soupe tuscana is my favourite soup there. On the Border Grill for their 3 cheese burrito, Chipotle for their steak burritos, chevy's for their salsa and that huge meal for 2 with all the different fajita fillings like shrimp, steak and chicken, Trading Table for their cheesy fries and ultimate dipping sauce, Tucanos or Rodizizo grill for all the meat, yum! and the list just goes on and on. I simple love food! So here in Northern Ireland eating out is very expensive and just doesn't taste quite as good. But every Saturday night we do takeout at least, that's the one night I don't cook. Our favourite is chinese food, and I do have to say when it comes to chinese food, I do prefer it here. My favourite sauces are curry, kung po (hot sweet and sour) and Satay. I always have to have a portion of spring roils (egg rolls) and no boiled rice for me, it has to be fried. Curry is like comfort food to me, when I'm stressed I send Deldon round the corner to our local chinese to get me a snack which is locally know as a "half and half" (1/2 fried rice, 1/2 chips smothered in curry sauce) Deldon is always willing to oblige as he loves them too. Actually I sent him round to get one last night and I wasn't stressed, I just like them whenever lol. I also love super chips - this is actually a local dish just from my town - Lisburn, and it's good old british chips smothered in a chicken flavoured gravy with a bit of a kick, it's so yummy. Every time I came home from America to visit I had to get a super chip for dinner that night. Well last Saturday night whilst every good Mormon was fasting I had a craving for a kebab - another popular british dish so I had to go get myself one. I felt really bad for Deldon fasting, but hey this is one positive of pregnancy and I felt sick so I had to eat so I took a picture of my greediness, did I mention I had had a KFC for lunch lol. It actually looks really gross, but does taste yummy. It's on a stool because my lovely husband was mopping the floor so all the chairs were on the table. It's lamb cooked on a big spit seasoned and put in a pita bread then you choose your sauce. I like their chilli and garlic sauce, so have them mix it in a tub on the side for me. Anyways it satisfied a craving but I ate too much so ended up still feeling sick anyways! I just hate that I can't enjoy my food as much these days and everything that I normally love to eat repulses me, it's so strange. I just can't wait until I can get the love part of my relationship back with my food again. Did I mention I love to cook too, well not right now, but normally I can't wait to get everything ready for dinner. I start chopping everything up at lunch time as I can't wait to eat it. I'm sad I know! Well I just wanted to write about food since I can't enjoy cooking or eating until the morning sickness goes away, I feel much better now. Sorry for anyone that just had to read this.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

And here I am eating a turkey sandwich.

Lyndsey said...

I'm starving and homesick after reading that!