CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 10 June 2008

Anyone care to get drunk with me?


The lemonade here is clear and fizzy, I really don't like it, but give me American style lemonade, no fizz, regular, pink or strawberry and I'm in heaven. I saw this bottle of what looked like real American lemonade, nice cloudy yellow in colour at the store so I bought it. I opened it today very excited and started to slug it down, only it was fizzy and tasted really strange, ginger and alcohol like! Oh yes, Mormon and pregnant I was drinking an alcoholic beverage. As soon as I stopped drinking it the first thing I read on the label was "does not contain more than .5% alcohol." How come I didn't see that in the store? I've never even heard of alcoholic lemonade, only in Ireland I guess. So much for my enjoyable drink of real chilled lemonade, the rest very quickly went down the drain.

4 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Oopsie doopsie.

Try this recipe for all your American lemonade needs. It makes about 10 cups.

* 3 cups lemon or lime juice, about 20 lemons or 25 limes freshly squeezed
* 2 cups superfine sugar
* 4 cups cold water
* 4 cups ice
* 2 lemons or limes, thinly sliced for garnish
* 1/2 cup cranberry juice, optional for pink lemonade

Into a large serving container, strain the citrus juice, mix it with sugar, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add 4 cups cold water and cranberry juice, if using, and stir again until well combined. Add ice to fill and a few lemon or lime slices.

Jennifer said...

"Show me the way to go home (hic!)
I'm tired an' I wanna go to bed (hic!)..."

America has Mike's Hard Lemonade, but I believe it contains a touch more than .5% alcohol.

irishkaren said...

thanks Kendra, sounds good!

ecometrochic said...

Ich haette gern ein Malzbier bitte. Meine guete warum muss es immer etwas alkoholisch geben in alles was gut aussieht? Naja, denk immer an Praesident Howell und sein "Pilsner-Treatment"