CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 26 May 2008

Prompted by the Spirit ????????????

Samantha dressed in Old Testamant style for the stake primary presentation


Yesterday was Deldon's 30th B-day, I would have had pictures of the lovely cake Samantha decorated and of our night out on saturday to celebrate, only I didn't have my memory card in the camera and don't have the lead to transfer them onto my computer! Saturday night the boys went to see Indiana Jones whilst the girls had a more spiritual evening at a Jenny Phillips fireside (LDS singer). It was so wonderful to hear her and the choir sing in real life, they performed The Miracle. We met up with all the guys later for a meal at a great Chinese restaurant in Belfast. Sunday, Deldon had his first traveling assignment in Omagh and didn't get back until 4pm whilst I had my first ever experience of church on my own with the girls, Sophie only escaped twice but did make it all the way up to the front both times. But the highlight of yesterday came when we attended a stake primary presentation. We had Samantha all ready to sit on the stand with all the kids and told her we'd be watching her and how fun it would be. When it came time for all the kids to sing a song together about 1/2 way through, Samantha fought her way through the crowds to the pulpit and began to give her own talk. Deldon and I looked at each other for a split second then Deldon said I didn't know she had a speaking part! and then I thought for a second - man she's good, she memorised that all by herself (she was talking about Jesus) then we came to our senses and realized she is so not meant to be up there! Our ward primary president nearly had a heart attack, so she got up and told her to say amen and lifted her down. Everyone was in fits!! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I could hear whispers all around me of "who's wee girl is that?". Afterwards she told us she was saying a prayer and funnily enough earlier in the day when we were telling her she'd be on the stand she had kept saying she was going to say a prayer - I guess she meant business!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

That story made me day! :)