CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 5 May 2008

Blast from the past

My sister and I regularly stalk the property news website here in Northern Ireland. I love anything property related, even when I'm not planning on moving house. Really it's the nosey side of me, I like to see inside people's houses. My sister randomly decided to do a search for the street we grew on up until I was 11 yrs old and our old house was actually up for sale! We are thinking we might have to go have a viewing just to step inside it again. The current owners are obviously property developers and have completely renovated the place, but it's a just a small glimpse back at where I was taken home to as a new born baby and spent many happy days as a child in a great family and playing out in the street with my friends.

If you want to be nosey too here's the link and hope all you American readers don't experience too much sticker shock when you see the price (double it to get US dollars)!!

http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r=1&c=1&s=44455696&i=0&p=PNC327832

3 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Charming! And for that price here in my neighborhood of Manhattan you could MAYBE get a 900 sq ft, 2 bdrm apartment... not that I have over half a million dollars to spend anywhere....

irishkaren said...

actually that house is bearly 900 sq ft itself, houses here are tiny! for $650,000 it's crazy and there's no NYC salaries here either.

ecometrochic said...

Wow! And thanks for the link. I love property and being nosey, too! The house looks darling although some of the modern accents detract from what could be a charming traditional. I personally swoon over old wooden mantels and vintage kitchens. I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to go inside, though, it being your old home and all. Yeesh, prices!