CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 19 May 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Andrew





Yesterday my nephew celebrated his 8th B-day by being baptised. Sadly I had our camera on the wrong setting for taking pictures of documents so pretty much all the photos came out fuzzy except the one above. The service was lovely and my sister and I sang a song by Jenny Phillips called "Your Song". I'd love get the music on my blog but that's not going to happen so here's the words.



He put a light inside you
To remind you
You're a part of His plan
And you may not see
What He's shaping you to be
By the power of His hands
He has written beautiful things in your life
You are a masterpiece in His eyes






Chorus:

There is a song inside you
He wrote a melody
Only you can sing
He's leading you by faith
To find your voice
So sing it strong
He's seen it all along
It's your song



You have his love to guide you
You carry a purpose divine
He draws you near
And the music you hear
Whispers of your heavenly design
He has blessed you and given you so many
gifts
You're an instrument for Him


Repeat Chorus



I thought the words were so lovely and so true to Andrew and his life right now. All day before the baptism Samantha was talking about when she gets older and gets baptised. We as a family were all very aware that mum and dad weren't there with us, but my sister reminded Andrew about the promises he was making to Heavenly Father and Jesus through his baptism and shared with him that although it was sad that Granny and Grandad weren't there, they were keeping their promises and that was a good thing. I was touched that while we were waiting for Andrew to come back into the chapel after his baptism that Irene and Raymond Lowry were asked to bear their testimonies. To me it was as if they were standing in on behalf of mum and dad. They talked so fondly of them and Irene shared how her heart had fluttered to see a grandchild of Marshall and Yvonne's enter the waters of baptism (they all joined the church around the same era). Many shared how their thoughts had been with mum and dad all day. To top it off, there was yummy food afterwards. Andrew could hardly wait to eat it all. The first thing he said to me when I arrived for his baptism was "Karen, have you seen the food in there"? he has a one track mind just like his favourite Aunt!





2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Such a great picture of you all! I'm glad it went so well! I wish I could have heard you and Rachael sing!

Mandy said...

What a beautiful song! Thanks for sharing the words!