CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 4 April 2008

Say "Cheese"

So yet another one of my reasons not to blog has been the background to our family pictures for the past 18 months. Many will know that both our houses since being here have been absolute dumps that we have bought because they were just that....dumps!! Deldon LOVES diy and I LOVE the shopping for new things like kitchens, bathrooms, tiles, carpet, appliances, and soft furnishings -basically anything a house needs. Our current home has taken WAY longer than planned to finish, probably because I gave birth to Sophie a month after we moved in and it slowed everything down. Needless to say all of our photos in this house are soooooo scary looking. We finally got the decor in the house pretty much finished so I was thinking to myself that at least the background will blend in instead of stick out like before. Easter Sunday we took some photos and when I looked at them 3 things stuck out - not the bad decor, but dirty shoes, sticky finger prints all over the tv screen and to top it off an ugly mop and bucket in the background of me trying to pose all cool. We just don't do well in this family with the photography side of things. There's always something to ruin them. Here's just some of the scary background moments courtesy of Killowen Grange (and there are plenty more where these came from).


Our patchwork walls


More patchwork walls and tools in the dumpy lean-to outside

Forget the ripped out fireplace in the background, my morning look took the prize in this one

Me trying to look all cool and letting everyknow I didn't put the mop and bucket away from washing the floors the night before, but hey at least you know I clean my floors right???

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Karen, your family is so beautiful! And you look exactly the same! Beautiful, tall, slender, happy. I'm a bit jealous, but mostly in awe! What does your husband do for a living? I'm curious because y'all live in Northern Ireland.

K said...

Karen,
I am so happy that you have a blog! I love the sparkly green background and your family is so adorable. If you want to see our blog the address is:
www.mydaughterrachel.blogspot.com
I can't wait to see more about what you all are up to :)
Love,
Kelly