CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 22 April 2008

Bring on the food





This last weekend was busy, but fun. Anyone that knows me knows I love my grubb (see college scrapbook page above, I am even willing to eat off the floor if needs be). Being my usual self I completely overdosed on muffins and scones whilst helping set up our stake culture hall for a fashion show, then ate over 30 mini sausages the night of the fashion show along with everything else on offer. I came home feeling so ill. But Saturday was a new day so along came a full on ulster fry (for those of you who haven’t experienced one of these, they are a traditional breakfast here full of nothing but fat) and that night was our religious Chinese takeout. Sunday we had a fantastic dinner where there was 4 desserts to try and of course I had to have them all! Leaving me feeling rough again….why do I never learn?
Our fashion show went well. I was wrapped in cling film at the start to show one of the things you wouldn’t be seeing on the catwalk that night (representing tight fitting clothes) but I’m afraid they wrapped me way too tight and I could hardly breathe, never mind prance down the catwalk, it was a scary sight and very embarrassing! Saturday morning Samantha went to her first primary service day. We were helping tidy an elderly lady’s garden from our ward, but Samantha has developed a fear of grass over the past 2 weeks and won’t walk on it if she doesn’t have too. She’s scared all the creepy crawlies are going to get her. So she held a plastic bag whilst mummy got down on her knees to do all the work. After 10 minutes she decided she was too cold and was dramatically shaking all over, so in true princess form she left the garden and in she went to the living room to get warmed by the fire and eat all the chocolate bars she wanted. (Luckily I had to accompany her lol). We chatted with Albina whilst everyone else froze and worked hard outside. Sunday I was travelling with my calling. Deldon and the girls rarely accompany me as Deldon has to be at EQ. But today we where in the ward of the stake RS President, my good friend Tricia Boyd. She invited us up for dinner after ward conference and to have the Pres meeting we’d had to cancel during the week. It is always lovely to be in her home to enjoy the good food and company and Sunday was no exception. The girls love the attention (they have 6 boys and 1 girl) and when it got too much Sophie found a bed on the sofa in the family room and Samantha went up stairs to Ashley’s room to watch a princess movie and fell asleep on Ashley’s bed, leaving us some time to chill. Now it’s back to the grind again, can’t wait for next weekend to come, as we’re headed out to a Spanish tapas bar with friends then on to the “Over 30’s karaoke night”. I've never gone to one of these nights before, we were always too young, well Deldon technically still is as he’s not 30 until next month. But figured why not embrace aging and have some fun with other oldies like us.

Modelling some modest bridal wear
My sister with "too cold to be interested" Samantha and cousin Lucy
Some of the primary children and their leaders that showed up to help

0 comments: