CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday 8 April 2008

The first grass cut of our married life !!!




Yes, the big day has finally arrived, we've been waiting over 6 years. We had turf (or sod as the yanks say) laid about 3 weeks ago and it was ready for cutting today. Lawn mowing has just officially become part of the Johnson family way of life. (Well that's not quite true, its now part of Deldon's life, not mine lol). You would think Deldon would get in to his grubbies for the occasion, but those of you who are familiar with our church life here will already know that Deldon and I just switch off evenings going out to do our callings. I serve as 1st counselor in Stake Relief Society and Deldon is EQ Pres. So it's a quick grass cut and out the door for PEC then PPI's. Tomorrow we have one of my widowed visiting teachees and the missionaries for dinner, then Deldon leaves for ward welfare followed by ward council. Ahhh Thursday at last we our home together, but wait we're not alone, my single brother comes every Thurs for dinner, then at 8pm we are having a missionary discussion in our home. We love to feel of the spirit of the missionaries and get to relive a little of our missions. The outlook for next week a/c to our calendar on the kitchen wall is no less packed with church work. Tues is PEC again, Deldon then rushes home to let me out for enrichment. I get there late but better late than never. Wednesday I have a presidency meeting, Thursday I am helping decorate our stake center for a fashion show, Friday is the fashion show, Saturday is primary service day, and Sunday I travel to Cavehill to speak in Relief Society as it's a ward conference there. And so our lives continue on and the next week is just as busy as before. We actually wonder what we would do with ourselves at night if we were home during the week????? Although we often feel overwhelmed we really wouldn't have it any other way! How did I get to our church schedule from grass cutting? Here is the journey our garden has been through in the past 1 1/2 years.



















And we still have a ways to go before it's entirely done!!

5 comments:

ecometrochic said...

Hi, I'm Tom Harper's wife Amy. I love the pictures from your garden transformation. I love the deep green of your turf, too.

Lyndsey said...

I feel tired just reading about all your busy-ness! The garden looks great! See you soon!!

Kendra Leigh said...

Ha ha! My father-in-law wears a white shirt & slacks to work in the garden, too, although not because he has to, or needs to... because he prefers to dress that way!

Dusty said...

I remember the red letter day in Dusty's life when he cut his own grass for the first time! Congratulations on the beautiful backyard!

Mandy

Jennifer said...

Your yard is stunning! Y'all are such hard workers! We have NEVER mowed a day in our married lives! My husband Andy cut at deal with a lawn guy on our street: he got the guy the contract for the whole neighborhood (Andy was on the homeowner's association board), and we get free yardwork for life!