CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 12 January 2009

Thank Heavens for online shopping or we'd starve

I've been doing this for a while now, as Samantha and Sophie together in a grocery store for more than 10 minutes is pushing the limit. So as you could imagine taking 3 kids to go for a full weeks grocery shopping would, and will never happen here! Don't know if you can do this is the States? but it's fantastic for young mums, sick, or older people. You simply shop for your groceries at the store website, pay an extra £3.30-£5 to get it delivered (cost depends on time of day, and day itself), and it arrives in a 2 hour slot that you pick. I get mine delivered every Monday between 9-11 am, and they bring it right into your kitchen for you. I never really end up paying the delivery fee as I look for online coupons to get £5 of a £50 spend etc. The site records all your favourite foods, and recent shops so your not constantly looking for your weekly staples. You can right notes to your "shopper" and suggest alternatives if the thing you order is not avaliable. They will also choose alternatives if they can't get something for you, and you are free to accept or reject them when the shopping arrives. It saves me money as I don't impulse buy as much as I would if I was in the store shopping and was passing by all the offers. Having said that, I do look at the offers online and sometimes get sucked in. All my friends buy their groceries online, and all our major grocery stores offer it. I still pop in to the store maybe once a week if I forget something or need something fresh that day. Just thought I'd mention it on my blog as it's my Monday morning ritual to wait for my shopping and I am really appreciating it's benefits with a newborn around.

You can choose to have it come in plastic bags or without. The girls are a great help lifting it all out on to the countertops for me.

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

You can do it here in the States too - I've always flirted with the idea but never done it. I take all 3 kids to the store (craziness!) so maybe I will have to give this online shopping a go!

Jennifer said...

I used to do this! Before I had kids, crazily. I'd order them up at work, and Andy would pick them up on his way home. And now, I drag 3 kids to the store. I think I'm doing it wrong.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kendra Leigh said...

It's a pretty big industry here in NYC where people have to typically carry all their groceries. But I prefer to do it myself- picking the produce and all that. It's sort of a family job- all going to the store together on Saturdays. It's crazy, but that's how we do it. Sometimes, when we're on vacation, I'll do some online ordering so we'll have food on the way when we come home again.

eldredgered said...

so you can no way do that in montana and i am super jealous of all you who can, i would LOVE that.