CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 9 January 2009

Happy Birthday to Moi!!

Deldon took Samantha and Sophie to pick out a birthday cake for me. This is what they came home with. Samantha could hardly contain herself when she came back, wanting to tell me all about the cake she'd bought.


We had to keep reminding her it was a surprise. Deldon let her pick a present for me to, what was it you might ask? Answer: Pink Nail Polish. Deldon got me a digital photo frame, and I'll be going to get myself some clothes that actually fit me, once I feel strong enough to walk around the shops.

Two helpers to blow out the candles, and one drunk on milk
We had plans to go out, but I decided mid-week I just want to wait until I feel 100% so I can really enjoy getting out, so it's been a nice quiet B-day at home with a few visits from family, friends, and a pot of yummy stew for dinner, courtesy of a sister in our ward. As for chocolate, it's being banned from the house (except for chocolate buttons) so I gave Deldon strict orders not to buy me any chocolate. But of course my sister bought me yummy lunch and a big bar of cabury's dairy milk with her gift, so I ploughed my way through it all afternoon, such torture it was lol.

8 comments:

Mac G said...

Happy Birthday and the best of wishes for you.

ecometrochic said...

Happy birthday to you! It sounds nice (I've been feeling like a homebody lately and anything at home sounds nice).

Lyndsey said...

Happy Birthday - love the cake. James' bday is this Sunday and the kids have insisted I get him a Kung Fu Panda cake - so I ordered it this morning and the baker looked at me like I was half mad! Gotta love kids. You look fantastic for just having had a baby, I still look like a whale! I'm glad you had a nice day.

Jennifer said...

Happy happy birthday Karen dear...

(Or, my favorite Karen memory: "Show me the way to go home (hic!)..")

Your family is so sweet. And that little looker on your lap is precious.

Kendra Leigh said...

You've had a birthday! Shout, Hooray! Glad it was a nice day for you!

J said...

Happy birthday! You do look great for having just had a baby. My stomach got so big with the twins I don't know if it will ever be flat again! Bryce is adorable...I've been enjoying having little boys myself.

Loza said...

Happy Birthday, hope you had a lovely day and the cake was lovely. Means more that your wee daughter picked it out specially for you :)

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

Happy belated birthday. I love your hair! You look great. Your little son is so cute and I love the pictures from your daughter's birthday as well.