CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 23 November 2008

So being out and about only lasted a day

I give up, we've been indoors for the most part of 3 weeks now. I don't know what is going on, but we are just going in circles. Samantha is the lastest victim again with her asthmatic coughing, cold, sore throat thing. This really makes us house bound as it is so severe she vomits with it, so you can't be safe to go anywhere unless she has a sick bowl in her lap, poor girl. Thought I'd post these pictures from yesterday, they had a fixation all day with baseball caps. I thought they looked so cute. At least they are easily amused, whilst I am going stir crazy. Deldon was out most of the day running a Stake Deacons Activity, so by the time he got home I was too exhausted to take myself out of the house for a while and today he's travelling to a ward conference with his calling. So here I'm sitting at home, missing church, and listening to Samantha cough approx every 4-5 seconds, waiting to catch vomit aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I guess we would never appreciate what it means to be healthy if we didn't have to experience illness, and I am at least grateful that they are usually strong, healthy little girls. We had a little scare 2 weeks ago when the midwives heard an irregular heartbeat in the baby, but the next day after some monitoring and a scan, everything looked just fine. It did make me stop and think how much I do take for granted the good health of my family and some of the potentially life threatening illnesses and diseases children and their parents have to face every day. With Thanksgiving coming up this week, the usual health of myself, Deldon, and the girls is one thing to be very thankful for.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

The girls are adorable in their caps! I am so sorry that the cough is so terrible! I hear you about being couped up inside! We usually take a walk when Kimball gets up from his nap, but now it is starting to get dark when he gets up!!! Poor little guy!

Irish said...

Poor you !!! I hope the kids get better soon :) ... It always comes at once when one is sick then another drops ... I had Celeste for the 1st time faint on Sunday before church ... I am just thankful it was at home and not anywhere else !!!!