CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 23 February 2009

The life of a stay-at-home-mum

I have so many phone calls and things that I need to do with moving half way across the world. Deldon often asks these days did you get a chance to do abcd...........?
This article explained to me why I often feel so drained of energy and can't ever seem to find the time to get the phone calls or research done. I'm always too scared to start phoning people to ask for quotes etc because at any second the kids may need my immediate attention, and by the time you've sat on hold for 10 minutes just waiting to get the info you can guarantee they'll have needed me for something. At least sitting here writing this blog I can walk away at any second with out the need to explain myself, or have to start from scratch again when the kids demand my undivided attention - like right now, Samantha is recording me with her camera, shouting louder and louder "What are you doing" until I answer her :)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was getting more and more infuriated as I read Tacoma's self-righteous and self-centered question/rant. The response from Carolyn was so validating and complete! In your face, Tacoma! I blog as an intentional way to offer and receive friendship b/c of the exact reason you stated: I can walk away and tend to my family whenever necessary. Phone calls and visits are virtually non-existent (excepting other mothers who understand when you have to break into the conversation to hang up immediately and solve a crisis!). Everything has a price. Those of us who do it know that the price for stay-at-home motherhood, as draining and difficult as it is, is a pittance compared to the reward. I'm glad that I have friends like you who know this so well!

Mandy said...

Amen.

Irish said...

I feel for you ... I swear as soon as you go on the phone or put your bum on the toilet seat all you hear is MOM !!! MOM !!!! ........ They must have a built in radar ..... Hats off to Stay at home moms it is alot harder than it looks :)