CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday 5 February 2009

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter

When my sister saw this magnet a few weeks ago, she thought of me so bought it, with some chocolate to go with it of course. I am struggling so bad with giving up the massive volumes of chocolate I have been consuming since becoming pregnant. I know once I cut it out I'll get over the cravings, but it's just having the self control to get through the withdrawal that is killing me. I was six weeks postpartum at the beginning of this week and had great intentions to start Power 90 again as my exercise to lose the extra prego pounds, but it's Thursday and I still haven't started. I prefer to get up early and exercise, but it's just not going to happen when I've been up feeding Bryce in the wee hours. I am resigned to the fact that it has to happen in the evenings, but I'm so wrecked by the time the kids go to bed, I clear up, and keep Bryce happy, that's it's going to be tough to actually follow through. Example: I had decided today that was it, I was exercising tonight, but here I am at 8:15 typing this post and I sent Deldon out to the corner shop 1/2 an hour ago to get me, yes you've guessed it, more chocolate accompanied by not just one set, but 2 sets of tray bakes (the 2nd set was not my idea lol). I am also a creature of habit and I thrive on routine, so it's all or nothing. If don't exercise every day then I just give up, I'm not one of these people that can just do it now and again. If I missed a night for some reason in the early stages before it's truly become routine, chances are I'd just give up completely - I'm weird I know, but that's just how I'm wired. So now I'm procrastinating again, telling myself I'll start on Monday, when I have my exercise mat, my weights, and DVD all pulled out of their hiding places in the closet. Wish me Luck!

0 comments: