CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 4 July 2008

It's the 4th of July!!!

This song gives me the chills everytime I hear it, and yes in my current pregnant state makes me want to cry. I first heard this song nearly 9 years ago on a date at a homecoming event at BYU. I have to admit I found the line "where at least I know I'm free" a bit annoying initially as I have always felt just as free as any American throughout my life. But, I loved this song from the day I heard it, and over the years have come to embrace how patriotic Americans are. I think they have a lot to be grateful and proud of. I have a great love for the United States and all my friends and family that live there. So to you all, Deldon, Samantha, and Sophie - Happy Independence Day and God Bless the USA. Five days and counting until we touch down on US soil again, can't wait!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I always think of that line as another way of saying "count your blessings." Especially when I'm depressed. If that's the only thing I have - no home, no food, no car, no friends - it's still so so much.

irishkaren said...

so true!

cmontroy said...

Great perspective on the song. I have wondered what people from other countries have thought of so many american things like that. I am grateful for this great country too, but don't want to dismiss the many other wonderful places and people in this world.