CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday 29 June 2009

Our new home (hopefully)

A little dry bar in the theatre room - but I think we'll use this room as a fifth bedroom to put bunk beds in to when family comes to visit. There are 3 bedrooms upstairs that we'll use and then a fourth downstairs.
Basement family room
Front of the house, it look really small, but it's on a hill so most of the house it at the back, with about 3600 sq ft, so plenty of room for family and friends to come and visit hint hint.
The view is fab from the garden and even better from the deck off the family room. It was the view that sold it to me.
Another view of the theatre room
The kitchen area
VIew of kitchen dining from the family room area

We hope to have the keys on Wednesday. These are a few photos we've taken whilst in there. It's a foreclosure, so although the photos do not show it, the house is filthy with animal feces and urine and has been sooooooo beat up. Will some TLC we hope it be living in it within the month and will continue the diy whilst in there. I said we were not getting involved in any "project" houses this time with Deldon going back to school and working fulltime, but here we are again. We can't seem to get away from them, it must be in our blood. Oh and for anyone wondering it, we are moving to Traverse Mountain in Lehi, Utah.

4 comments:

ecometrochic said...

The house looks like a great investment. I really hope you get those keys on Wednesday; I know how tricky homebuying can be. Have a great day!

Jennifer said...

Wow! Thanks for all the updates! I'm so excited you found such a big and great house. You'll get it cleaned up in no time. (I'd turn that dry bar into a closet as long as I wasn't the one doing the labor.)

Your boy is SO PRETTY! And he makes your girls look so big! You family is gorgeous.

I was just in Utah this weekend. It would have been great to see you! Maybe another time...

K said...

Hooray! I hope that everything works out with the house, it looks really nice :) Let's get together soon.

Lyndsey said...

Looks great! So happy for you - I'm sure you are excited to get in your own place. I'm excited to see what you guys do to the place, I'm sure it will be gorgeous!