CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday 22 March 2009

Happy Mother's Day (U.K.)

Last year I joked on this blog that I thought I should get 2 Mother's days, the one here and the one in May in the U.S. Well this is the one year I will actually get to experience that with moving back. I spoke in Church today on "The righteous infulence of the Mother in the home." Here's a little poem I found last year that I used towards the end of my talk.

Promise for a Homemaker

So you're just a house wife, what a shame,
What fulfilment does that allow you;
For without a business suit we're told,
You're not of any value.

For all you do throughout the day
Is help to shape a life,
And stand in the gap to pray for your home,
And be a Godly wife.

You teach your children about the Lord
And His word as meditation;
So a heritage will follow their lives
From generation to generation.

And when on that final judgement day
The saints gather around His throne;
I wonder how many shall surely say
"I'm here, cause Mom stayed home!"
This little poem gives me hope on the days when I really just want to give up on this 24/7 Motherhood thing and go back to work. It helps me remember why I have chosen a fulltime career in Motherhood - to focus all my energy on leading my kiddies back home to their Saviour and Father in Heaven where they belong.
I also loved this quote by Neal A Maxwell that was shared at our Sacrament Mtg at Church today to:
"God's extraordinary work is most often done by ordinary people in the seeming obscurity of a home and family."
Just Grateful today for a great Mum who has sacrificed a lot of her time and energy to be a devoted Mother to me and my siblings. I know if I am blessed to be worthy to stand before the Throne of God one day it will indeed be in no small measure due to my mum. She has embraced her role as Mother in it's entirety and still continues today to Mother, teach and nuture, not only me but her Grandchildren, how blessed we are! Love you Mum, Happy Mothers day!
(excuse the squished up appearance of this post, it won't seem to space properly)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lovely words! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Shari said...

How lucky for you! When are you guys coming over the pond? We're excited to see you!

ecometrochic said...

Happy Mother's Day. I am remembering how sick you were at the time of your boy's birth, and, well, you deserve two excellent mother's days. We'll be seeing you soon, exciting!

Natalie said...

Thanks! I needed to hear that! I was having one of those days where I have been working hard all morning and my two year old tells me that he loves Dad, but not me! Anyway, thanks!